when the day includes a vg donut and this song all before 7 a.m., i start to wonder if my bliss meter has already reached max capacity. an emerson quote: "write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year."
sometimes i don't have to--the day does it for me.
how often does your first born turn six years old? once, and never again! this called for vg donut & bakery in cardiff, california. i'm pretty sure the aroma of this place is what they use as air freshener in heaven.
the morning was so clear and quiet, the moon insisted on hanging around to be part of it. "the moon followed us to donuts," lola said. "let's do hot chocolate cheers for the moon!"
and then the quiet morning turned into big blue euphoria. doors opened so wide, you could not help but walk through them.
yesterday, i arrived at room 273 around 11 o'clock and discovered my baby sister was the kind of lovely someone achieves only by being really, extraordinarily happy. it's the kind that makes everyone else weak in the knees to behold.
i like arto because he bakes cookies. brides and grooms who stay up baking raspberry thumbprints for their friends and families the night before their wedding deserve a disproportionately larger amount of "better" in "for better or for worse."
like any self respecting student of gastronomy, i interpreted "celebrate" to mean "let's kick back a dozen oysters." be warned: if you say that word (or pretty much any of its synonyms), i am going to take it as carte blanche to deplete the nearest supply of kumamotos.
somehow, amidst all of this, there was a totally unaccounted for bonus hour that coincided with the mission hills farmers market. as an act of repentance for the day so far, i stared at a basket of broccoli.
one might expect i would have needed an alka seltzer, or, at the very least, a cup of peppermint tea at the end of all of this. really, all i needed or wanted was to be the filling in a thing 1 and thing 2 sandwich.
don't mind me, it's a quarter past silly and my bliss meter is being rebuilt to new standards. some yesterdays will do that to you.
* the song in the beginning of this post is "dance, dance, dance" by lykke li.
* vg's donut & bakery is located at 106 aberdeen drive in cardiff by the sea, california. visit their website here.
* top of the market at the fish market is located at 750 north harbor drive in san diego, california. on the web.
* the mission hills farmer's market runs every friday from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. on falcon street between fort stockton drive and washington.
* five guys burgers and fries san diego location is located at NAS north island, building 2017 in liberty station, point loma. for nationwide locations, visit here.